Sunday, June 21, 2015

Garden Blackberry Pie

First of all, let me confess. I am using premade pie crust. *gasp* No excuses, don't judge.

Blackberry Pie

Now that that is out in the open, what is a knitter to do when she has more blackberries than the children and wildlife can sneak from the bushes when her back is turned? You add tons of sugar and you make pie. Blackberry ooey gooey pie. I followed the recipe found here.


Blackberry Pie

First I added the heaping scoop of sugar, some lemon zest, cornstarch, and a healthy squeeze of lemon to the berries. I really enjoy lemon with my berries - gives them a nice zing!


Blackberry Pie

The children helped me pinch the pie crust. Honestly, I could not have done better.


Blackberry Pie

When the berries were nice and juicy from their sugar bath they went straight into the crust and covered with some swanky lattice work. Pretty!

Blackberry Pie

Brush with a little egg wash, into the oven, and wait, and PIE. Yum.

Blackberry Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment